Full-Time Position at 40 hours per week.
Emerging Prairie is looking for a creative, self-driven individual to fill a new role within the organization. Our ideal teammate is someone who is great at creative thinking, loves Fargo, and wants to contribute in a meaningful way to sharing our message. The Digital Marketing Specialist for Emerging Prairie will play a key role in external organization communication, digital marketing for events and programs as well as driving a ticket sale strategy.
We’d like to add an experienced, self-driven professional with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive communication into impact. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work with the entire Emerging Prairie team and serve as an internal resource to develop and implement marketing strategies on a wide variety of projects. Our teammate will need to anticipate project needs, identify work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends on occasion during events. Knowledge of and ability to apply marketing strategies to marketing tactics is critical in this position. Previous experience in digital sales is preferred.
Our team needs someone who excels at storytelling, is detail-oriented, and is capable of building a tribe of supporters for Emerging Prairie programming. Our new teammate should be prepared to provide a sales focused mindset, be an enthusiastic professional, and have the confidence to develop a marketing strategy from the ground up.
Online Marketing Strategy & Implementation 60%
Social Media Management 25%
Storytelling/Copy Development 10%
Website maintenance 5%
Graphic Design 5%
Other duties as assigned 5%
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Online Marketing Strategy & Implementation:
- Work with the Emerging Prairie team to understand vision, goals, and objectives for each program.
- Develop marketing and brand strategies to support organizational objectives and tactics to achieve sales and awareness objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing campaigns to drive awareness, increase sales, and create loyalty.
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of marketing plans, including direct response, marketing events, promotions, and advertisements.
- Develop, create, and manage timelines and project workload for initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on appropriate marketing mix and vehicles to achieve objectives, while exploring new mediums. Research, recommend and develop new marketing ideas.
- Lead the creation of marketing materials, including brochures, collateral, sales tools, presentations, and newsletters.
- Partner and interact with vendors and/or teammates to supply materials supporting marketing concepts. Manage marketing processes and vendors to ensure timely delivery of outcomes.
- Manage and forecast assigned marketing budget.
- Track, monitor, and evaluate results for specific marketing programs and campaigns, to determine ROI and support the development and refinement of future marketing plans.
Social Media Management:
- Design and implementation of social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising, setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI.
- Manage multiple social channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube for multiple brands (Emerging Prairie, Drone Focus, The Prairie Den, etc)
- Develop email marketing strategy for events, programs, and Emerging Prairie.
- Craft, design, and send newsletters for all Emerging Prairie channels (Emerging Prairie, The Prairie Den, TEDxFargo, Drone Focus, & other events as needed).
- Develop copy for events team to utilize in tools, email invitations, and resources.
- Ensure Emerging Prairie websites meet SEO recommendations.
- Design assets and tools as needed for marketing purposes in conjunction with Emerging Prairie teammates and vendors.
- Edit, resize, and format images, logos, and assets for website and/or marketing purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications or a relevant degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proven communication skills, including writing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person, by phone, and email, with high professionalism.
- Comfortable operating with minimal supervision to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to keep up with the rapid pace of the position and be adaptable to spontaneous adjustment/revisions.
- High organizational skills and a tendency for detail-orientation are essential.
- 1-3 years experience in sales and marketing.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing disciplines, including website management and optimization, SEO, social media, email, content strategy, web analytics.
- Application experience: WordPress or another web CMS; MailChimp; Google Analytics; Adobe Suite; MS Office Suite; Google Suite.
- Interest in community development, technology, and the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Ability to continuously stand or walk during events.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- May occasionally climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
To apply: Send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
About Emerging Prairie
Emerging Prairie (EP) is an organization that believes in and nurtures the potential of our community and its leaders. We have made it our mission to celebrate the entrepreneurs, artists, creators, and community leaders in the Fargo-Moorhead area. Recognition of our community’s potential, development of an environment for social connectivity, and the act of highlighting the risk takers and change-makers is vitally important, as these are the key accelerators of growth and development. Emerging Prairie was founded based on the following principles in 2013 by a group of Fargo entrepreneurs who wanted to make a difference in the community they call home.
1) Educate Our City – By bringing ideas to Fargo and challenging the status quo, we can move our community forward. Through events, programming, and using our influence to convene leaders, we are able to move ideas to action and impact.
2) Infuse the Arts – We create opportunities for the arts/artists to be incorporated into all of our events and programs. We believe artists are the vital culture creators in a community; culture is a key factor in what makes people choose to build a life in a city.
3) Build on Our Brightspots – We are cheerleaders and champions of the people who are doing great things in our community. Working from the idea of “a rising tide lifts all boats,” we celebrate those that are making progress and positively impacting our community.
4) Practice Radical Inclusivity – As the fabric of our community becomes richer, we need to create an environment to welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, faith traditions, lifestyles, etc. We do this through actions such as participating in Welcoming Week, celebrating New American Entrepreneurs, providing gender-neutral restrooms at events, utilizing “pay what you can” methods and offering vegan food at our events.
Mission statement: To connect and celebrate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Fargo-Moorhead.