Software is changing the world.
Emerging Digital Academy is a coding school coming to Fargo to address the growing need for software development talent in North Dakota. Emerging Digital Academy will be an immersive 20-week program to empower learners to begin their new careers in the technology industry. This full-time, classroom-based coding school will provide small cohort sizes, one-on-one instructor support, weekly presentations by local industry professionals, and project-based learning principles. Students will graduate the program with a portfolio of unique and meaningful projects to demonstrate their talents. You can learn more about Emerging Digital Academy at www.emergingacademy.org.
Emerging Digital Academy will be teaching what is known as the "Full Stack Engineering" course which is a immersive 20-week program. Students start by learning the basic concepts needed to complete the advanced concepts and later coursework. In the classroom, students focus on advanced concepts, technologies, and web application design on the modern web. After the core curriculum is complete, students work on a solo project and a team project with a community client to solidify their foundation. Students will learn a variety of other skills such as public speaking, teamwork, collaborative programming, the engineering process, written communication, interview practice, and career help. The curriculum is licensed from Prime Digital Academy out of Minneapolis, which keeps us up to date and relevant with the leading technologies in the job market.
- Understand foundational web technologies
- Gain familiarity with developer tools (Text Editors, Command Line, Browser Debugging)
- Build an understanding of basic programming concepts (variables, looping, logic structures)
- Understand the architecture of the modern web
- Learn how to build full stack web apps. Full stack means frontend interface in the browser with backend database server design
- Demonstrate your ability to build fully functional applications
- Start your portfolio with two projects that show off your skills
- Network with employers who are hiring programmers
- Command line
- Source control (git) and package management (npm)
- Node.js + Express
- Project Scoping
- Technology Research
- Client Presentations
The first class starts in April of 2020. Applications are opening very soon, contact us to be notified when registration opens or check back for more information about admissions, tuition, availability, and more.
Visit our Website
We've launched the Emerging Digital Academy website!
Visit www.emergingacademy.org to learn more.