Entrepreneur Day at the State Capitol
January 20-21, 2019
Join us as we gather entrepreneurs from across North Dakota to meet with state policymakers and have conversations about what can be done to create an environment that fosters new business creation and causes entrepreneurship to thrive.
What is Entrepreneur Day?
Entrepreneur Day at the State Capitol is a gathering of North Dakota entrepreneurs from across the state of North Dakota to meet with state policymakers.
What is the goal of the event?
The goal of the event is to provide an opportunity for entrepreneurs to talk with policymakers about the challenges they face and barriers that they encounter in an effort to inform and create awareness about resources and policies that would be beneficial for establishing and entrepreneurial ecosystem which fosters innovation and growth.
How can I participate?
- The first 75 North Dakota entrepreneurs and founders to sign up will have transportation, lodging and meals covered to attend the event
- All slots to participate in this event have been filled, but we welcome you to get on the waitlist by signing up here
- Individuals from support organizations that provide direct support to entrepreneurs are also welcome to participate in Entrepreneur Day
- Support organizations include SBDCs, EDCs, etc.
- Limit of 2 individuals per support organization
- Transportation, meals, lodging will not be covered for individuals attending from support organizations
- Due to space restrictions, participants from direct support organizations will not be able to attend the supper at the Governor’s Residence
Who is considered an entrepreneur?
Below are a few guidelines for what is considered an entrepreneur:
- Anyone who has started a business and is dedicating 50%+ of their time to the business
- Includes artists, photographers, designers, etc.
- Includes both for-profit and non-profit businesses
- Does NOT include those who own a franchise or a part of a multi-level marketing company
- Does NOT include those who have a side business that does not receive the majority of their time
Sunday, January 20th
- Buses depart from various cities across ND
- Cities TBD based on signups
- 4:00pm | Arrive at hotel
- 5:30pm – 8:00pm | Evening reception + dinner
Monday, January 21
- 8:00am | Coffee + connection
- 9:00am | Tour of the capitol building
- 10:00am – 12:00pm | Meetings + trainings/workshops
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm | Meetings + Sit in on Senate floor
- 3:30pm | Reception with elected officials
- 6:00pm | Buses depart from Bismarck