Health Pitch, a regional event that showcases innovative health care ideas, is set for its second annual appearance in Fargo on August 14, 2014. Family HealthCare, a patient-centered non-profit, is hosting the event at The Stage at Island Park from 3:30 – 6:30 pm.
Family HealthCare’s mission includes providing affordable, compassionate, dignified, and respectful medical and dental care to people in Cass and Clay counties, regardless of age, nationality, or ability to pay. To that end, for the second year in a row, they have invited 15 regional leaders and experts in the field to pitch new and fresh ideas to solve healthcare problems and to improve the well being of the community at large.
“At Family HealthCare, we always look for ways to become more efficient and deliver the best patient experience,” said Pat Gulbranson, Chief Executive Officer at Family HealthCare. “The Health Pitch event will help us and other healthcare providers stay abreast with technology advancements and new concepts for delivering care, so we can serve patients at lower costs, while maintaining the highest quality standards.”
Industry leaders and participants have three minutes to pitch their ideas in front of an audience of peers and community members. Pitch topics will include mobile healthcare apps, new medical technologies, mental health awareness, and more.
Headlining the event is keynote speaker, Shane Waslaski, president and CEO of Intelligent InSites, an innovative software company which transforms healthcare with operational intelligence that improves care, enhances the human experience, and increases efficiency.
Other speakers include:
- Andrew Dalman, Student & National Innovation Fellow at NDSU
- Nick Emlet, Director of Client Relations, Nordic Consulting Partners
- Courtney Evanson, Founder, Nevaeh
- Stephanie Goetz, Anchor for Valley News TV & Mental Health Issue Advocate, Stephanie Goetz Foundation
- Dr. Travis Good, Co-Founder, Catalyze
- Jeff Hoss, VP of Clinical Operations, Sanford Health
- Dr. Susan Mathison, Owner & President, Catalyst Medical Center
- Dr. David Moen, Principal Consultant, MoenMDConsulting
- Evan Prawda, Fellow at 100healthand Student at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Rajv Shah, Founder, MyMeds
- Dr. Barb Stanton, Autism Spectrum Disorders Therapist, Prairie St. Johns
- Dr. Shelby Terstriep, Medical Oncologist/Hematologist & Medical Director of Embrace, Sanford Health
- Dr. Donald Warne, Director of the Master of Public Health Program at NDSU
- Tiffany Wirth, Vice President of Marketing, Evolution1
- Kai Worrell, CEO, Worrell Design
All community members interested in improving regional health care are invited to attend. Proceeds from the event will go towards supporting Family HealthCare, with each $25 ticket covering the health care costs for a patient who would not ordinarily be able to pay for such care. Health Pitch 2014 has been made possible through community sponsors, including the Dakota Medical Foundation.
For more information and details, check out the promotional video below and visit the Health Pitch ticket sales page.