Emerging Prairie, alongside the Impact Foundation, is proud to announce the 2020 Social Entrepreneurship Cohort. This cohort is an accelerator program that aims to support social entrepreneurs alongside giving Hearts Day, and help them develop
This 16 week-long program seeks to increase the success and awareness of Social Entrepreneurship in the Fargo-Moorhead area. Throughout the duration of the program, the participants will have the opportunity to grow their skills as entrepreneurs and gain valuable assets to help support their business.
The companies that make up the 2020 Social Entrepreneurship Cohort include:
- Aquatics Empowered | Tory Derheim | Aquatics Empowered’s mission is to ensure all rural communities and individuals have access to acquire aquatic resources for therapy, mental and physical wellness.
- Scripture Circles | Jennifer Schillinger | Scripture Circles invites people to engage in thoughtful and honoring dialog with the Word of God and one another through a Socratic teaching style.
- Monique and Jocelyne Lamoureux Foundation | Monique Lamoureux-Morando + Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson | The Monique and Jocelyne Lamoureux Foundation is focused on giving back to underserved youth in the Grand Forks and North Dakota regions. Our goal is provide a level playing field for kids in order for them to reach their full potential, and this is mainly focused in the education space.
- FAITH4HOPE Scholarship Fund | Faith Dixon | Faith4Hope is a nonprofit organization committed to helping low-income families achieve lasting independence.
- Harvest Hope Farm | Lynn Kotrba | Harvest Hope Farm strives to enhance the physical, social, spiritual and financial well-being of others through hands-on farm experience and education regarding sustainable food resources and environmental stewardship.
- The Lotus Center, INC. | Sarah Chatelain-Gress | The Lotus Center provides an innovative approach to addressing substance use disorders within our community based on a harm reduction model and wrap-around services.
- Gire Education International | Rashid Hussein | Gire Education International aims to collect the excess of no-longer utilized used books and devices and donate them to universities in Somalia.
- Be Bold | Nadia Mitchell + Sean Feeney | Be Bold is a virtual mentorship platform that is searching for individuals who are bold enough to be the role models for the future leaders of tomorrow.
- Jasmin Child Care | Sky Purdin | Jasmin Child Care and Preschool is a nonprofit child care that provides culturally competent and quality child care while working towards school readiness by teaching English, Math and Science, classroom behavior and social emotional skills.
- Casie Hardin | Casie hopes to open a donut shop that aims to serve as a hiring opportunity and community for disabled individuals. This bakery values equal pay as well as the opportunity of career and community growth.
This program will be led and facilitated by The Nice Center and Emerging Prairie. Each cohort member will participate in weekly calls that are guided by CoStarters, a business development program that will help guide the cohort members to grow and strengthen their work. In addition to this weekly content, the cohort will have the opportunity to speak about their work on multiple public platforms, grow their network and PR strategy, and learn from a robust lineup of experienced and local entrepreneurs.