The Challey Institute for Global Innovation & Growth (Challey Institute) is proud to announce the creation of the Challey Institute’s New American Entrepreneur program starting in the Fall of 2019. This program seeks to increase the success rate of New American Entrepreneurs and accelerate their growth in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The pilot session will support 10 New American Entrepreneurs in the growth stage of their ventures through a 6-month program. Throughout the duration of the program, the participants will have the opportunity to grow their skills as entrepreneurs and gain valuable assets to help support their business. Final curriculum and learning will be driven by the cohort’s needs.
Key Components of the Program:
- Monthly facilitated learning group (2-hour session, once per month)
- Facilitators to be announced
- Opportunity to present at 1 Million Cups Fargo
- Participation at the Founder’s Retreat (Nov. 6-8)
- Access to the Prairie Den 2x per month
- Development of a PR and Media Strategy
- Complimentary attendance to Emerging Prairie events through the 6-month period
- Certificate of completion (80% of Key Components must be completed)
- New to the FM area (10 years or less)
- Desire for growth
- Must be past the idea phase of their venture.
- 1+ years experience in their venture with an active consumer base and revenue.
- Full participation in the key components is essential.
- Pilot program will be hosted in English. As such fluent English is required.*
*If you are interested but do not speak English fluently, please reach out so we can gauge interest in creating this program in alternate languages.
What does not qualify as an Entrepreneur?
- Direct sales ventures (Avon, Tupperware, MLM, etc…)
- People who are just representing another brand (e.g. a broker for a big company)
What will you learn?
Potential topics include:
- Business Acumen
- Business culture
- Local Resource Opportunities
- Public Relations Strategies
- Public Speaking Skills
What is the cost?
Participants that are selected will be able to participate at no financial cost. However, your commitment of time and full participation are required.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Click the button to apply for the program.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
Click the button to nominate an entrepreneur for the program.
Application and Nomination Deadline: August 30th
Selections made by: September 6th
Program Starts: The week of September 16th