The Challey Institute for Global Innovation & Growth and Emerging Prairie are proud to announce the 10 companies that will make up the 2019 Challey Institute’s New American Entrepreneur Program, an accelerator program that connects New American entrepreneurs to capital, community, and technology resources.
This program seeks to increase the success of New American Entrepreneurs and accelerate their growth in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The pilot session will support 10 New American entrepreneurs in the growth stage of their ventures through a 6-month program. Throughout the duration of the program, the participants will have the opportunity to grow their skills as entrepreneurs and gain valuable assets to help support their business.
The companies that make up the 2019 Challey Institute’s New American Entrepreneur Program include:
- Soma Employment Solutions | Abdishakur Mohamedi | Soma Employment Solutions offers tailor-made employment solutions to meet your individual needs. They are experts in New American staffing.
- Learn Or Teach | Clever Mukori | Learn Or Teach is a project-based learning management system on which educators can create content and sell it. Additionally, organizations can purchase monthly or annual subscriptions to conduct student or employee training.
- Nile River Grocery | David Lukudu | Nile River Grocery is an African grocery store that provides a wide range of goods and products from a variety of African brands at affordable prices.
- Mama-Dee Care | Decontee Doboyou | Mama-Dee Care is a licensed in-home group daycare located in South Fargo. Their mission is to provide a safe and fun environment for all children, where they can learn and grow emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- Enlight | Dieumerci Christel | Enlight is a software application that focuses on helping teachers become experts on their students.
- House of Gold | Gertrude Adjei Kusi | House of Gold offers affordable automobiles, even for those without perfect credit.
- Mainstream Boutique | Gunel Huseynov | Mainstream Boutique is a women’s clothing retailer with the mission to empower, strengthen and celebrate the women in our community through fashion.
- Chai Moto | Pasteur Mudende | Chai Moto provides locally blended loose lease teas and freshly brewed iced teas. Their hope is to share tea in ways that nurture and sustain positive energy and help forge meaningful relationships.
- Adibon | Sifa Ntivu-Bisimwa | Adibon is a catering service that serves African-European cuisine. Their mission is to serve different ethnic foods in the community with reasonable prices.
- Motherland Health | Simi Kasakwe | Motherland Health provides free mental health counseling to members of the Fargo/Moorhead Community while also offering free transportation and childcare during appointments if needed. They aim to serve New American and American communities through culturally appropriate services.
This program will be led and facilitated by The Challey Institute forGlobal Innovation & Growth and Emerging Prairie. The cohort members will participate in a monthly facilitated learning group, have the opportunity to present at 1 Million Cups Fargo and attend the Founders Retreat, as well as have the chance to grow their network and PR strategy.
Please join us in congratulating these candidates on this accomplishment. For more information, please visit www.emergingprairie.com/new-american-entrepreneur-program/.