Software is changing the world.
EDA's "Full Stack Engineering" course teaches students how to build modern web applications from the ground up. More importantly, students learn how to research and solve technical challenges so that they can continue upgrading their skills to stay relevant in an ever-changing technology landscape.
The curriculum is designed to emulate the on-the-job training experience that an entry-level developer would receive in the first few months at work. Students will create connections to their fellow classmates, guest speakers, and local employers that they will be able to call upon throughout their careers.
- Understand foundational web technologies
- Gain familiarity with developer tools (Text Editors, Command Line, Browser Debugging)
- Build an understanding of basic programming concepts (variables, looping, logic structures)
- Understand the architecture of the modern web
- Learn how to build full stack web apps. Full stack means frontend interface in the browser with backend database server design
- Demonstrate your ability to build fully functional applications
- Start your portfolio with two projects that show off your skills
- Network with employers who are hiring programmers
- Command line
- Source control (git) and package management (npm)
- Node.js + Express
- Project Scoping
- Technology Research
- Client Presentations
Current and Upcoming Cohorts
|Cohort||Deadline to Apply||Online Class Begins||In-Person Class Begins||Graduation|
|Cohort 1 - Ada||March 30th, 2020 (PAST!)||April 6th, 2020 (PAST!)||May 18th, 2020 (IN PROGRESS!)||August 21st, 2020|
|Cohort 2||July 20th, 2020||July 27th, 2020||September 8th, 2020||December 11th, 2020|
|Cohort 3||October 23rd, 2020||November 9th, 2020||January 4th, 2021||April 9th, 2021|
Hear from our students
VISIT THE EDA WEBSITE TO LEARN MORE
Head over to Emerging Digital Academy's website to learn more about the full-stack course, upcoming events, and what sets us apart from others.