Software is changing the world.
Emerging Digital Academy is a coding school based in Fargo,ND created to address the growing need for software development talent in North Dakota. Emerging Digital Academy is an immersive 20-week program that empowers learners to begin their new careers in the technology industry. This full-time, classroom-based coding school provides small cohort sizes, one-on-one instructor support, weekly presentations by local industry professionals, and project-based learning principles. Students graduate the program with a portfolio of unique and meaningful projects to demonstrate their talents. You can learn more about Emerging Digital Academy at www.emergingacademy.org.
- Understand foundational web technologies
- Gain familiarity with developer tools (Text Editors, Command Line, Browser Debugging)
- Build an understanding of basic programming concepts (variables, looping, logic structures)
- Understand the architecture of the modern web
- Learn how to build full stack web apps. Full stack means frontend interface in the browser with backend database server design
- Demonstrate your ability to build fully functional applications
- Start your portfolio with two projects that show off your skills
- Network with employers who are hiring programmers
- Command line
- Source control (git) and package management (npm)
- Node.js + Express
- Project Scoping
- Technology Research
- Client Presentations
Current and Upcoming Cohorts
|Cohort||Deadline to Apply||Online Class Begins||In-Person Class Begins||Graduation|
|Cohort 1 - Ada||March 30th, 2020||April 6th, 2020||May 18th, 2020||August 21st, 2020|
|Cohort 2 - Babbage||July 20th, 2020||July 27th, 2020||September 8th, 2020||December 11th, 2020|
|Cohort 3 - Conway||October 23rd, 2020||November 9th, 2020||January 4th, 2021||April 9th, 2021|
Hear from our students
VISIT THE EDA WEBSITE TO LEARN MORE
Head over to Emerging Digital Academy's website to learn more about the full-stack course, upcoming events, and what sets us apart from others.